Friday, August 27, 2010

Eartha's Tale

I came here very cautiously
It seemed a quiet place
The people feed a lot of us
Surely it was safe

There used to be a doggy here
I'd peek when it was dark
But didn't dare to show my face
He had a mighty bark

There's a small sadness at this house
Both memories and scent
It has to do with Max I think
I don't know where he went

I was so shy at first, you see
I'd been turned out and lost
The trust I once had went away
Just knowing what it cost

One night I brought my baby here
He's everything I own
I found a special hiding place
My purr-voice made it home

He'd never seen a person
I hid him well I thought
Then one day he felt ready
To explore, but not get caught

He'll grow up strong and handsome
With his two white boots so fine
I'll teach him everything I know
He'll love it here, in time

They call me Eartha, I like that
I'd never had a name
It's very pretty for a cat
Makes me so glad I came

Perhaps the people needed
To fill a vacant place
Surely God sent me here to ease
A hurt He will erase

No comments:

Post a Comment